Labels

Saturday 10 December 2016

10/12/16

The Megabus Experience
Story By @ChandlerWaller

Deadlines are over and I’ve made it back to Sevenoaks where I can now relax for the next few weeks. Of course, I’m broke so my only choice was to purchase a Megabus ticket to London for £25.60 leaving my bank balance weaker than ever. 

A cheap man's option.
I was to set off and begin my journey at the local Wetherspoons; so I could feed my hunger for what was to come for the next nine hours. I think it’s safe to say, it didn’t work. Sitting on the coach before 9am had me wondering if it was a good idea; trying desperately to get some shut eye after only an atrocious three hours sleep. I woke up feeling refreshed and looking forward to getting back home, alas there was seven hours left of my journey. 

I read a book, took up two seats and looked to the wondrous views of the M5 and M4.

I arrived into Bristol between 2-3pm with two things to look forward to; it was the last stop before London and the woman next to me was getting off. It was until another woman decided I was the perfect candidate to sit next to with her young child. You can see where this is going, can’t you.

In all honesty, the kid was not that bad… For now.

Another hour had set in and I start to feel really uncomfortable. My buns felt as solid as steel and without the area to move around, I was stuck like this for the remainder of the journey. I tried squirming around as much as I could, wondering how I was going to survive. After all this, with less than one hour to go; the kid starts complaining and I realise it’s Friday night in London.

Worst decision ever.

I try to remember the times when I was younger and would complain about long journeys; and if there was ever a stranger telling me to shut the f**k up so I could do it myself. Unfortunately, I couldn’t remember a scenario so I left it, eye rolling at myself.

Going through London at an incredibly slow pace, I thought I noticed my friend or someone who looks very similar to her. The factor was the hair, it’s very recognisable let’s just say that. If I ever lose her, that’s how I find her. I almost tap on the window, thinking it’s definitely her until I realise it was just a fur hood.


I’m tired, the journey is at an end, the mother next to me managed to get her to child to chill out. Props to you lady. What could possibly go wrong? I’ve finished my journey. For f**ks sake mum, you’re at the wrong station.

No comments:

Post a Comment