Labels

Friday 4 November 2016

05/11/16

Katie Taylor Turning Pro Has Got People Annoyed.
Story by @ChandlerWaller.

So I'm sitting here when I should have started cleaning my shithole of a house but instead I decided to write an article after looking at idiotic comments on Twitter.
For those of you who don't know, Katie Taylor signed with Matchroom Boxing recently. The successful amateur won gold at the Olympics, 5 golds at the World championships, 6 golds at the European championships, 5 golds at the European Union Championships and one at the European games. I think its fair to say that she's been a very successful amateur and we should wish her all the best in her professional career.

But Oh no, we have to watch Women's boxing...

Scrolling through Twitter like.
Scrolling through Twitter like.

That's essentially the jist I got after scrolling through Twitter today. One user referred to the announcement as "So there's gonna be less real boxing on Matchroom shows to fit in woman's boxing? Terrible news". You sir, (with the nicest language because my mother will read this) are a c***, sorry mum had to be done.
Apparently gender defines 'real' boxing.
Apparently gender defines 'real' boxing.

Why anyone would feel the need to make a comment like that is beyond me. Perhaps the dog in his profile picture didn't get the chance to go pro. Nobody knows but on no level is it acceptable to say women's boxing does not fit under 'real boxing'.
One Amateur congratulated Katie on turning professional with one of the best boxing promotions in the country. Which is a huge move for women's boxing, as an avid watcher of Matchroom events, I can't say I've ever seen women's boxing featured, so good on you Eddie!

"Thoughts on topless boxing, Shannon?"

Yes because out of all the things you could have replied, you chose that... Seriously were these people dropped at birth? Thankfully and in good style, she came back with a fire response.





You go girl!
                       You go girl!
I'm going to go and relieve my anger with cleaning.
Katie Taylor makes her professional debut on the 26th November on Sky Sports.

-2firs.
*Side Note: Was meant to be published on The Tab but now its becoming outdated.

No comments:

Post a Comment