Labels

Saturday 9 April 2016

09/04/16

The Unemployment Life
Story by @chandlerwaller
Photography by @chandlerwaller + Nina Bejany

I've spent way too much money that I don't have.



Fred Perry x Nigel Cabourn
I'm a student and unemployed so I can't afford this.
I don't really know what to do with myself to be honest. Other than write about this in my blog. I'm feeling a bit lost after losing my job. It wasn't a great job, wasn't in the industry I wanted to work in. But it provided me the money and hours I needed. After three years, THREE YEARS of working there, I expected them to let me know that I had been fired.

I was told by a friend that I work with after having a conversation with my many managers there. Like I said, the job doesn't bother me because I didn't like it. But it was how it ended. Now I'm in a position with no money because I had the idea that I could make the money back when I go back to my seasonal job. Basically, I'm a bit of an idiot for thinking that.

I went outside and became one with nature
Snapback - The Hundreds
Jacket - Steel and Jelly
Jeans - Topman
Trainers - New Balance 501
Now that my little rant is out of the way, I can explain to you what the unemployment life is like. F**king boring. I don't understand how benefit thieves live with themselves. I feel like the worst child ever just asking my mother for something. I'm running out of things to do and uni deadlines to meet. It's almost impossible to do my uni work because it is all I can do 24/7.

The worst part is that at the time of writing this, I don't feel like I've accomplished much. I've had pretty much an entire week of doing nothing except for uni work and Netflix binge watching. I have hit the highest level of boredom possible. I've started selling old clothes on eBay so I can get some income. I can't meet up with friends because they made the smart decision to go into full time work. The only time they're really available is the weekend and they've got money to spend, they want to spend it. Unemployment isn't so comfortable as you might think. I've spent days on my own just completely bored out of my mind.

I went for a run at 2am because I'm bored.

Unintentional model shoot.
Snapback - The Hundreds
Jacket - Steel and Jelly
Jeans - Topman
Trainers - New Balance 501
My mother did treat me to a day out in LANDAAN (sorry) and it was lovely, I felt like I was actually doing something with my life. Unemployment is like being in prison.. but with all of your rights. It's not fun, it's not relaxing, it's damn right dull.

I also had the exciting opportunity to go to London again (I live about 20 minutes away). I honestly needed another day out. But I do need to purchase something other than skinny jeans.

The unemployment life survival kit consists of a few things. Joggers. Trust me, I don't even know why I'm wearing skinny jeans writing this, they've just become uncomfortable. Unemployment weight gain maybe? 

A really cosy jumper. This thing has become one of my most favourite belongings, right after my macbook, my playstation and my version of Goodbye Mr. Chips. I feel so snug wearing it and the thought of having lost my job just leaves my mind. (it has magic powers).

You could just have any T-shirt to be honest. I know how us guys think. But go the extra mile and buy a Ralph Lauren tee. It is comfort like you have never known and you'll never want to take it off. There will be a lot of quotations coming up. A "friend" "borrowed" my tee and "forgot to give it back". If it wasn't for that I would have gladly "modelled" it for you.

On my way to the job centre, lol jk.
Snapback - The Hundreds
Jacket - Steel and Jelly
Jeans - Topman
Trainers - New Balance 501
I'm such a sarcastic arse.
-2firs.


No comments:

Post a Comment