Labels

Wednesday 25 May 2016

25/05/16

Grunge Forever.
Story By @ChandlerWaller
Photography by +Nina Bejany 

Get ya tongue out
Model @scunan
Photographer +Nina Bejany 


Edgy, I like it.

The people who I most dislike in this world are the ones who haven't listened to grunge rap. Big mistake. The basis of the type of music, the theme and the influences that it provides puts it above all other types of music in my list. 

Listen to Jez Dior's 'The Funeral' album and tell me it doesn't hit you in "the feels".

The genre, is itself inspiring brands to create the image of grunge. Fuelled on urban streetwear, we are starting to see more people take on this unique image. Believe me that's a good thing.  




Model @scuncan
Photographer +Nina Bejany 
I can just picture the old grannies right now looking in a bizarre way. That is how cool grunge is. It's a head turning movement that everyone is starting to appreciate. 



The point is that people always think of grunge as dark and grotty but that's just the small picture. Grunge is more realistic, more alive than anything else.  

Chavs are not what you'd expect to hear on a fashion blog, but where they get their dress influence is better than you think. Rap is influential whether you agree or not its true. Look what Eminem did, he made a movement for white people in the rap genre. People started to dress like Eminem. Dear god, I wish I had the pictures to prove it. But in the younger generation, everyone  seems  to be inspired now by rap artists, basically what I'm trying to say... You're now starting to dress like a chav. Sorry, not sorry.

He changed the game, bruv.
Model @scuncan
Photographer +Nina Bejany 





I'm gonna put it out there, I could never pull off what Jez Dior wears. We all have that person that we want to look like. Jez just looks like he's on chill mode 100% of the time. He has such a significant style that mesmerises him as a Johnny Depp lookalike. Lucky f**king b**tard. 

So for a more simple approach, just grab a track jacket, chuck on your skinny jeans and your trainers. Simple, edgy and different to your usual flamboyant bull***t.

I personally like Lacoste track jackets because of the quality but if you want to be a basic b***h, you can get a track jacket from Adidas.

Music is a big influence on our dress sense, as we try to follow our fashion idols (Damn you Beckham). Grunge rap has done so much already for fashion and I find it really exciting to see what the future holds out for artists like Jez.
Model @scuncan
Photographer +Nina Bejany 




Jez Dior's new single 'Forever' is out now. 
No I wasn't paid to say that, dude's just cool.  
-2firs













No comments:

Post a Comment